Sunday, June 13, 2010

My Bond to Music

Hello and welcome to my blog!


It is a long weekend here in Brisbane so that means I can really relax - no school on Monday!


As you may or may not know, I love music. I play the cello and piano and I also sing in my school's choir. I am also in a string ensemble at my school. In about two years the top music groups at my school will be going on an overseas tour, but they haven't told us where yet. I am already excited - I hope I get to go!



I love listening to orchestras and I especially love listening to Four Seasons by Vivaldi. But one of my favourite string groups is Bond. This contemporary group is made up of Tania Davis, Eos Chater, Elspeth Hanson and Gay-Yee Westerhoff.



Bond was formed following a conversation between music producer Mike Batt and promoter Mel Bush, after Batt suggested to Bush that they should put together a string quartet consisting of "four beautiful, talented musicians". Bush pushed ahead with the idea some time later, recruiting producer Gareth Cousins to help choose the line up and define the band's sound. Eventually, Bond was formed and the group has now sold over four million records and been described as the best selling string quartet of all time. Explosive: The Best of Bond is the group's latest album.




Bond is best known for their electric playing style and their modern twist on classical music. I absolutely love all of Bond's songs, but one of my favourites would have to be Explosive, which I will share with you today as my entry in my Mum's (Natasha from 5 Minutes Just for Me) blogging party, Sunday Song.




I hope you like this song to. Let me know what you think! 





Well, thank you for visiting my blog! By the way, I finished The General! It was fantastic and I highly recommend it! 


I hope your day is sweet,

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Maddy, thanks for the introduction to Bond. Great song, and cool video.

Sir and Miss said...

Hi Maddy,

I love Bond too. Your blog is beautifully written! Looking forward to your next post:)

Holly and John
xx

Simoney said...

Cello music is my FAVOURITE! I will have to check out Bond; thanks Maddy :)

Alex Maria said...

Hey Maddy!

I just wanted to thank you for following my blog! I returned the same favor :)

**I LOVE your signature**

Michelle Pell said...

Hey Maddy! Thanks for your comment on my blog! That's cool you have the same sunglasses as I do! Where'd you get them?

Simoney said...

Maddy, I thought I'd leave ANOTHER comment here for you in reply to your lovely comment on my post yesterday... are you sure you really want ME the herb-killer to give you tips on a herb garden???
OK, well, my best tip is this... plant it in a big container of some kind and fill it with potting mix, NOT dirt from the garden. THEN you will have NO WEEDS!
Even though i killed off my herbs, there are NO WEEDS in my herb garden. My other tip (which I need to listen to myself) is DON'T forget to WATER them!
hahaha!
Good luck, maddy :)

LindyLouMac said...

Guess what I also love Bond!!